About Christine C. Egan MPH, PT
To integrate my natural talents and learned skills in a supportive working environment that promotes the highest quality of life on all levels, always moving toward growth and wholeness for myself and my clients.
NDT Certification in Pediatrics. August 1987. Honolulu, HI. Co-Instructors Ingrid Tscharnuter PT and Peggy Smith OTR.
Masters of Public Health. Hunter College, New York City, January 1984-May 1987.
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy. Hunter College, New York City, September 1979-August 1981.
TES-Therapeutic Electrical Stimulation Certification, September 1994. Toronto, Canada. Karen Pape MD, Instructor.
Certified Rosen Method Bodywork Technique, June 1994. Berkeley, CA.
Pediatric Private Practice serving children in the San Francisco-Marin Co. area. Population ranges in age from infants to school-aged children with a wide variety of neuromuscular and orthopedic impairments. Special interests include orthotic evaluation and casting and supervision of home programs of Therapeutic Electrical Stimulation (TES) and Biofeedback.
- Consulting Therapist/ CPMC Child Development Center. Responsibilities include consultation, evaluation and treatment of children age 0-3 years with neuromuscular disorders, developmental delays and/or orthopedic needs. Coordinator of casting clinic to provide appropriate orthotic devices for a variety of needs.
- Physical Therapy Consultant UCSF Diagnostic School for the Neurologically Impaired. May 1990- April 1993. Evaluation and consultation with team members and parents on program planning and therapeutic intervention in the educational setting.
- Napa C.C.S Contract Therapist. April 1990-June 1993. Evaluation and treatment of children aged 0-5 years focusing on functioning at home and in an educational setting.
- Senior Therapist/Williamsburg Infant and Early Childhood Development Center. June 1988-February 1990. School based early intervention program with a strong NDT approach to treating children with a team approach.
- Contract Therapist/New York City Public Schools. March 1985-June 1989. On-site therapy for populations ranging from severe multiple handicaps to mild orthopedic impairment.
- Consultant/United Cerebral Palsy Children’s Residence. July 1985-July 1988. Direct treatment, staff training and consultation in a multidisciplinary approach geared toward formulation and achievement of annual goals for clients.
- Staff Therapist/S.S. Lamm Institute for Developmental Disabilities. May 1984-March 1985. Evaluation and treatment of patients aged 0-19 years, high risk infant screening and organization and management of an orthopedic clinic.
- Home Care Therapist/Visiting Nurse Service. November 1982-May 1988. Treatment of adults and children in their home environments.
- Staff Therapist/Coler Memorial Hospital. November 1981-April 1984. One year team treatment of multiply handicapped children. Two years of experience treating adults with chronic neuromuscular disorders.
- Senior Instructor Therapeutic Electrical Stimulation (TES)
- Assistant Instructor Rosen Method Bodywork Advanced Training
- Assistant Instructor 5 day course “Introduction to NDT”
- Assistant Instructor Pilates Mat Exercise Workshop
- Positioning for Activity- Co-wrote and produced instructional video on therapeutic positioning
- Living with AIDS, A Guide to Resources in NYC. Co-authored chapter on Physical Rehabilitation.
- Regents Scholarship Candidate
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude 1987, Hunter College
- Graduated Cum Laude 1981, Hunter College
BIRTHDATE April 27, 1959